After posting pictures of my kid’s lunches this week, I was asked multiple times for this recipe. 🙂 Let me start off by saying I do NOT like dates, but these are amazing! So if you’re like me, and can’t stand dates, this is a great way to still eat this nutritious food but only taste chocolate. 😉
What you’ll need:
1 cup Medjool dates, pits removed
2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chunks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon water (if necessary)
1. Place all ingredients (except water) in food processor.
2. Pulse on high until the texture of coarse gravel.
3. If necessary add water so that the mixture forms a big ball.
4. Form mixture into 1 inch balls.
5. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. until ready to serve.
Enjoy! These are great snacks on the go and a good addition to any meal. Protein and energy in every bite!